Skip Menu
Email Us!

Housing FAQ

Find answers to commonly asked questions about housing at MSU.

Incoming students may apply for housing online through MyMoreheadState.

There is no application deadline, but residents are encouraged to apply for housing and sign their Housing Agreement (contract) as soon as they are able to. Commitment times to login and select your space are awarded in the order that those documents are completed. For your best chance to select the room you want, apply and complete your contract early.

Your housing fees are applied to your student account just like your tuition. You should refer to the University calendar for the University fee schedule.

All full-time students under the age of 21,who have not completed four semesters of residence, are required to reside on campus. If your parent/guardian lives within 50 miles of campus, you're married, or you're a single parent you may commute, however you must have an approved housing waiver to avoid additional fees for non-compliance. Please find information about the residency requirement and the waiver process here.

There are single-occupancy rooms for upperclass students in Cartmell Hall. Students that have a medical need for single occupancy housing must complete an intake with the Office of Disability Services as soon as possible to ensure ability to meet accommodation.

We require students to have 48 University-recognized credit hours and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 when applying for apartment housing.

We do not have space to accommodate our married students or students with families on campus. We recommend that you look in the Morehead community for additional options.

There is no curfew for on-campus residents, however, there are visitation hours for opposite-sex guests. Exterior building doors are locked 24 hours a day and it is required that students use their EagleCard to enter their designated building.

Although custodial staff are employed in all Residence Halls/Apartments to keep public areas and public/community bathrooms clean, you are expected to clean your own room and private bathrooms (apartments and suites have bathrooms in the living unit which students are responsible for cleaning).

Yes, but only if they do not create a disturbance to your roommate or other residents. Guests of residents are not permitted to stay for longer than 3 nights per week. Students residing in University Housing are responsible for assuring that their guests are aware of and comply with all policies and procedures of Morehead State University.

Your mailing address is Your Name, Your Room Number - Your Residence Hall, Morehead State University, Morehead, KY 40351. For example:

Beaker Eagle

101 Alumni Tower

Morehead State University

Morehead, KY 40351

No. The University does not assume responsibility at any time for the private property of its students and is not liable for the loss or damage of any article of personal property anywhere on the premises. You or your parents are encouraged to carry appropriate insurance to cover your personal property.

Students are required to fill out a roommate agreement during the first week of school. This typically helps to resolve issues prior to them arising. If you find that things are not working out we encourage our students to talk to one another. If at this point it seems that things are not getting better, students should contact their Resident Advisor (RA) to set up roommate mediation. If after this process is complete you still feel it would be better to remove yourself from your living situation we will help you identify other spaces on campus.

Please review our list of suggested items. This list is not all-inclusive, but it will give you an idea of what's allowed and recommended.

Pets are not permitted in residence halls. There are specific guidelines for service and emotional support animals. Please refer to the Morehead State UAR 343.01 for additional details.

Yes, however, we ask that when decorating you use materials that will not damage the room. We recommend 3M adhesive hooks and painter's tape.

No, due to the demand for on-campus space, you must be enrolled. If you withdraw from school, you must check out of your room within 48 hours, unless an extension is granted by the Dean of Students or the Office of Student Housing.

All first-year students are expected to live in the First-Year Village concept in the Mignon Complex. Those buildings are staffed and programmed specifically for first year students and their specific needs adjusting and connecting to campus.

Contact Us

Office of Student Housing

200 Earle Clements Lane
Alumni Tower West
UPO 2525
Morehead, KY 40351

PHONE: 606-783-2060
FAX: 606-783-5062