Skip Menu
Email Us!

Consortium (Concurrent) Enrollment

Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations. Students must complete a FAFSA every year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive financial aid.

Students must be enrolled in 6 credits hours or more through MSU. You must contact the MSU Financial Aid Office if you intend to take less than six credit hours per semester at MSU. Students are responsible for paying their fees at the “visiting institution” per any agreement for payment of fees. Students may receive funds directly from the “home institution” that are intended for payment of fees at the “visiting institution.”

No, all scholarships except for the Transfer Scholarship do not include concurrent enrollment hours.

Note: To receive the Transfer Scholarship, you must be enrolled at least 6 hours at MSU, and the rest can be concurrent, but you must be enrolled at least full-time between the two.

Students taking only six credit hours at MSU and six credit hours concurrently will only receive half their scholarship eligibility. 

Students taking 9 hours at MSU and 3 hours concurrent will receive three-quarters of their scholarship eligibility.

A student taking 12 hours at MSU and concurrent hours will receive the full scholarship eligibility if they meet all other requirements.

MSU will not pay the visiting school directly. It is the student’s responsibility to pay all charges. Any funds not used from your financial aid to pay for your MSU courses will be refunded to the student, and the student is responsible for paying the visiting school. If the student does not have enough financial aid to pay the balance at both schools from their financial aid at MSU, the student will need to make arrangements with one or both billing offices (home and/or visiting school).

No, the school at which the student expects to receive their degree is considered the "home" school and the other school(s) is considered the "visiting" school(s). A student cannot receive aid from more than one school during each period of enrollment.

The home school is responsible for determining eligibility and disbursing the financial aid to the student. Financial aid is awarded based on the cost of both schools.

The visiting school is responsible for certifying the number of hours the student is enrolled. The visiting school’s Registrar must complete the Concurrent Enrollment Form.

Only courses required for your major at the home school can be considered when determining enrollment.

It is the responsibility of the student and the visiting school Registrar to report changes in enrollment status.

Concurrent Enrollment is an agreement between Morehead State University and another school to provide financial aid to a student based on the total number of hours for which the student is enrolled at all schools. 

The student should take the following steps:

  1. You must inform MSU of your intent to attend more than one school and obtain a "Concurrent Enrollment Form." You may print the form from our website.
  2. You must complete the student section of the agreement, have your MSU advisor complete the advisor section of the agreement, and then take the agreement to the visiting school for verification of enrollment.
  3. It is the student’s responsibility to obtain all required signatures and to make sure that the complete concurrent enrollment form is received by the MSU office of Financial Aid prior to the census date according to the official MSU academic calendar. Title IV awards cannot be processed for forms received after the deadline. Incomplete forms will NOT be processed.
  4. You must meet all other eligibility requirements as regular students.
  5. You must be admitted to MSU in a degree-seeking program.
  6. You must have on file in our office the results of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and any other required form to constitute a complete file.
  7. Your verification must be completed, if applicable, prior to the disbursement of funds.
  8. Students must set up payment plan or protect class schedule at visiting school until aid is     released at MSU.
  9. Completed forms should be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid at Morehead State University. You may email forms to

A concurrent enrollment form must be completed for each enrollment period (semester or summer term). The concurrent enrollment form must be turned into the Morehead State University Financial Aid Office by the census date (the census date is typically the end of the 6th day of classes at MSU). You may also refer to the Census Policy for more information about the census date.